Austria

Austria

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Saturday work out

Saturday I decided to cash in the 10% off coupon from the store down the hill from our house.  I trundled my black shopping cart with re-usable bags to the store taking Sasha along for the fresh air.  I went to strap Sasha to the dog post when I realized that I had taken off her dog collar the night before.  I created a choke slide loop out of her leash and hooked her to the post without her dog collar.
I filled the store’s shopping cart with tins of food, some pricey items that I normally don’t buy and my weekly items thinking the 10% off would justify treating myself a bit.  Part-way through my shopping Sasha started to bark and howl.  I walked to her, the slip loop had widened and was around her shoulders she could have easily stepped out of her leash and come found me! I patted her, reassured her that I would soon be finished and left her there. Still she moaned and whined something she never ever does unless I am in the store with other family members.
I hurried to check out, frantically bagging as fast as I could, (no bagging services offered) to get finished and get my suddenly surprisingly loud dog away.  I handed the coupon to the cashier, no good, only my husband with his card can use the coupon.  Argg!!!  If I didn’t shop in this store a couple of times a week I would have just walked away and refused to pay. told them ........ lots of things....but I just laughed at myself as I paid the full amount, and hurried out of the store.  It was then I saw my neighbor!  She was in the store.  That was what Sasha had been trying to tell me.  Jan was in the store and she wanted us together!
Then I started what felt like really long walk, -pulling my cart back up the hill when it had the heaviest load of its life.  Disappointedly I had to stop 4 times and put the bags in my arms down and take 5 deep breathes before recommencing the walk. I really didn’t want to injure myself.
Arrived at the apartment building and discovered the elevator wasn’t working!!! ARGGG!  I carried all the bags up 4 flights of stairs.
I am grateful for an elevator that normally works. I am also grateful the store is “normally” a 1 minute walk from my house. And Very thankful that the next day my arms felt perfectly ok!


Cart filled to overflowing
bags on floor the ones I had to carry while I trundled cart home.


1 comment:

  1. I later learned that they will let me take one of their grocery carts, even help me carry it up their front stairs, and let me take my groceries more easily home. Next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete