Austria

Austria

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas tree

I think decorating the tree is fun as a group event.  I really didn’t want to wait till family started arriving to have a christmas tree. So I invited the Sister Missionaries over for dinner and decorating.  They were really excited.  It was a perfect fit, the 3 of us are homesick and away from home.  I think the finished project is wonderful!  And I really enjoyed the process since I didn’t do the lights this year!!!  One artistic talented sister did it!!  Thank you Sister Chapel!  I feel the light of Christ filling our Vienna Apartment.  
I am happily anticipating the arrival of my family!  Husband arrives on the 13th, then China daughter on the 17th, then youngest on 20th.  And finally Son and family on the 22nd.  Yes, 4 trips to the airport to get them here. If we could blink our English 3 over then we would be all together this Christmas.

Austrian blown glass icicle center right.
& yoyo heart I made in Moscow.
I imagined crocheting a long string of popcorn
each one takes about 30 minutes
so for the past 4 years it has just been random popcorn placed on the tree.
hand painted clip-on Austrian porcelain 


Russian wooden ornament
next to crocheted popcorn

Russian ornaments


This Russian angel is serious
Sober Father Frost





newest Nativity set- Purchased Utah D.I.
love it! thanks Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment