Austria

Austria

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dreams




Recurring Dreams I have dreamed since high school involve the “Jones” family.  I am doing some activity with all or part of the family and I become embarrassed, get criticized, and or frustrated.  They are seldom pleasant.  They take place in different environments usually their home, though it seldom has the same floor plan.  The “recurring” part is the emotion and the people.  The Jones are people I admire.  Their home was beautiful, organized and had a sweet spirit.  The family interacted with love and kindness and I enjoyed my time there as a visitor. 
I really do not care for the lingering emotions I feel after one of these dreams.  When I was engaged and happily looking forward to my wedding the dreams increased in frequency.
I wanted to be dreaming happy dreams starring my beloved.  I thought perhaps I should be having dreams about his family.  Not a family from my past.  Up to that point the only dream interpretation I had studied was Freudian based.  I viewed him as an evil man, and I disagreed with his theory about what dreams mean.  But that study contributed to my uneasiness concerning the dreams.  It bothered me enough that I finally prayed about it. The answer I was given was the dreams would teach me, that I need not be concerned about them, and most importantly I would come to understand in time what they meant.
Gradually I noticed a pattern.  I dreamed the embarrassing, frustrated dreams when my waking life was stressful.  If I spent time pondering what was making me feel inadequate, set goals, and took steps to reduce my stress then the dreams went away.
For example when I was in training to be a White Rosette and going through the audition process I had a lot of unsettling dreams.  As I identified why I felt inadequate, what my fears were, and what I could do about it.  I gained confidence and the dreams went away till the next time my sub-conscience needed to get a message to me.
This week almost every morning I have awoken with another “Jones family” dream.  Guess it is time to do some thinking about how to set more reasonable goals, how to better cope with the stress I am feeling.  And discover what lessons my sub-conscience wants to teach me this time.   

1 comment:

  1. I’ve realized that my mind did a wise thing by choosing the Jones family. If instead the dreams took place with my own family or in-laws that would have affected my relationship with them. Being criticized and condemned by people I have not had any opportunity to interact with since 1980 when I moved away from my hometown only teaches me about my fears and worries. They are a safe vehicle for the symbolism of my struggles. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete