Austria

Austria

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A reason to shop!

Recently I was reading a blog in which wearing pink was mentioned.
It reminded me that it was a pink shirt that helped my husband recognize me a second time, which led to our first date and marriage and eternity.
In September 1980 I went to a church sponsored dance wearing a pink velour-velvet T-shirt and blue jeans.  I hadn’t planned on going as I was very sore from auditions for a modern dance company.  So I went and only stayed for an hour.  During most of that hour I was a lonely wallflower.  But a tall guy I didn’t know asked me to dance.  And he was a good dancer, personable and nice.
The following March I again went alone to “Friday night at the Tute dance” wearing again the pink T and blue jeans.  And again was asked to dance by a personable and friendly tall guy who seemed to think he knew me.  He remembered my name wrong, remembered hometown incorrectly, and thought that he had been in an institute class with me.  Very confusing, but he was a good dancer so when he asked me for a 2nd and 3rd dance I said yes.
Two days later I sang on a program in which the tall guy was the MC.  And I discovered in good lighting Tall Guy was Gorgeous! I also saw his name in print.
The following morning there was a huge photo campaign poster of tall guy right outside my dorm, which got me completely hooked on the idea of getting to know him a whole lot more!
Now 30 years later I went to my closet to see if I owned anything that color of pink.
Yes, 4 items, 2 given to me by my husband. A long robe/swim suit cover up he brought me back from Africa.  The other a sunday dress blouse of polyester that is too warm for me most Sundays that he gave me for christmas many years ago. And 2 pink slips. So I went shopping and found this pink T-shirt.  It is not snug fitting or cuddly soft like that long ago pink T.  But it reminds me how very fortunate I am that my guy likes pink!!!  And that he asked me to dance!


1 comment: