Austria

Austria

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holland

The red brick is the biker's road
One of the blessings of having friends living all over the world is sometimes you get to visit them.  On my way to England I arranged a stopover in Holland, to visit my “used-to-live-in-Moscow-friend”.  She let me use one of her bicycles. We rode around the pleasant town she lives in and went to lunch.  I had the orange and goat’s cheese salad.  It was delicious as soon as I adjusted the saltless cheese by adding seasalt liberally to it. :-)  We visited a wind-mill that has been preserved and turned into a museum.  I was really impressed with all the work that originally took place in the windmills and the engineering that made it possible.  It was wonderful spending time with someone who I’ve shared good times and not-so-good times with.  Friends truly a golden treasure of my life. 

Few of the thousands of windmills
have survived.

Celestial Seasonings Tea at the weekly town market

Sculpture!

A Restaurant only open for Lunch

Yum!

Sorry I cut your head off

No comments:

Post a Comment