Austria

Austria

Monday, May 16, 2011

Puchberg am Schneeberg

I have one of the best visiting teaching companions.  I enjoyed having the same companion the whole time I was in Moscow. She was a gem of the highest kind.  A friend I’ll treasure forever.  And now I’ve been doubly blessed to be assigned a terrific woman in Vienna.
She lives about an hours drive from me south of the city and is in the process of moving even further away.  Last monday she invited me to come to her home then ride with her and her adorable son to the “getting renovated” home they are moving into as soon as school is out.  They bought their over 100 year old home over a year ago.  Then it was divided into several apartments.  She and her husband are slowly carefully and masterfully turning it into a gorgeous home with shop and workroom on the ground floor.  Her husband lives there while he does the work.  She goes over on weekends to lend a hand and help with decisions.
We took a nice walk around the enchanting village. Then she cooked us a delicious meal before heading back home.  It was a lovely way to spend a Monday afternoon and evening.  And distracted me from missing my husband who is away on business for 13 days which seems like months or years.
Puckberg is a tourist destination year round.  Hiking and relaxing in the summer and skiing in the winter.  There are several plush hotels offering complete spa treatments and a nice swimming pool complex.  We are hopeful that their shop selling their masterfully done copper work will do well situated next to the town hall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puchberg_am_Schneeberg

From the Lookout across the street from their home


Town Hall



The steps up the lookout 




 I really wish that I had taken some shots of the interior of their home.  The craftsmanship is superb.  And they have some of their copper flowers already up on their wall.

The cow jumped over the barn but landed on the roof

reminds me of the horse
 on my Grandfather's barn
some earrings she crafted

Round bales instead of square

No comments:

Post a Comment