Austria

Austria

Monday, May 9, 2011

Every day for the rest of my life!

Lately I’ve been reminded of the 3 year old found in her bedroom crying her  heart out.  Her worried mother rushed in to comfort her and find out why she was upset.  “I have to get dressed every day for the rest of my life!!” the child said sadly.  That morning, getting her shirt on the right way, and pulling up her trousers and putting on her socks was overwhelming to her and the realization that she would have to keep doing it every morning in her life was just a bit much to think about.
I have been feeling the “I have to watch what I eat and fight the battle of the bulge everyday for the rest of my life-BLUES.”
In February I was excited that I had been able to drop an inch off my waist.
Now in May my waist is stuck at the same measurement.  In 2003 I was able to drop 5 inches off my waist in 10 weeks.  I was hoping for the same success this year and am a little disappointed that it has not happened.
To start a new week out right I did not eat dessert on Mother’s day. Just 3 pieces of candy that I ate and savored slowly.
Then Monday morning my weigh in on the Wii & some training.  For the Warrior pose I managed to get 100!!! a big first for me.  Then scored a high 84 on the Half-moon pose.  Then I did an hour of yoga with one of my DVDs.  The workout I chose is led by a Yoga master and Psychologist, she includes positive phrases and imaging.  I pictured my thin healthy strong back and flat tummy, as I held poses strongly.  Then walked in the sunshine with Sasha.
I guess I’m ready to take each day at a time.  Knowing if I get stronger every day the tasks requiring self-control will get easier.
On Castle Hill-Bratislava Slovenia

1 comment:

  1. Shaura,
    I'm right there with you, lady!!! I hate the constant fight with the bulge. I hate having to get dressed every morning too. I think it is just life and we have to deal with it. Couldn't miss the chance to email you.

    Jana

    ReplyDelete