Austria

Austria

Monday, May 16, 2011

Babysitting with my dog

One of the down sides to living in Vienna Austria is that my husband’s job sends him on business trips or TDY’s almost monthly.  I had expected to have a job when our nest became empty so I would not be home alone all day... and then home alone all evening when he is away.  Friday I started panicking about being home alone on Friday night.  What can I do for fun?  Is there anyone I can serve?  My lovely friend popped into my head.  She’s expecting to go into labor any time now to deliver her 5th child.  So while I was in her home to study the scriptures I ask if she and her husband would let me come play with their children while they went on a date.  The answer was a yes!  That night Sasha and I were excitedly greeted by some really hyper children ready to play and show me their rooms and beat me really badly at Monopoly Junior.
It was delightful!  Their kind hearts, sweet way of working together, and generosity with their Easter treats really impressed me.  (They each gave me 2 pieces, then the littlest one gave me 3 more, then ....I told them all to stop!)
When they were all ready for bed we watched an original black & white version of “Dennis the Mennis”.  I laughed so hard my tummy ached.
Then they all trooped up to bed and were silent!  I mean no funny business or giggling or silliness. It astounded me! What a delight to get to spend time with such angel children.  And they are cute too! did I mention how gorgeously delightful they all are?



No comments:

Post a Comment