Austria

Austria

Monday, May 16, 2011

Friends on the Hill

I really love chocolate and spending time with friends.
I invited all my new church friends to come have a Time out for women night with me Saturday. Unfortunately all of those friends are really busy people so only two were able to come.  I packed a picnic and we marched up Strassergasse hill for 20 minutes till we came to the field that overlooks Vienna.  We spread a shower curtain and then the containers of strawberries, blueberries, marshmallow, cookies, and apples. And I lit the Sterno to melt the Galaxy chocolate bars.  While we watched the sun disappear and the lights go on in the city below we swapped Girl stories of courtship, love and marriage and enjoyed our dessert.  And Sasha entertained us by barking away intruders and running around like a puppy.  Coo-coo birds serenaded us. (as well as many others that I don’t know the names for)
It was a lovely evening.
It is times like these that I think I really need another camera with a few additional settings.

The field was recently mowed so it was nice to sit on.

1 comment: