Austria

Austria

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A way to make friends!

January tends to be my homesick, tired, S.A.D. month.  This year I thought I would also make it my- "Make new friends" month.
What is one of the fastest ways to make friends?  Invite them over for dinner, or lunch or brunch.  
I remembered to pick a menu, I remembered to cook all the things, I remembered to set the table, then when the new friends came I forgot to take their photos.  Oops!  It was a lovely evening anyway!! The 11 of us enjoyed the food and the conversation.
     Menu:
1st Course: Fruit with yoghurt dressing
2nd Course: Veggie, bacon and spatzle soup & rolls
3rd Course: Chicken ala King, corn and peas, Mom's bread dressing, brown-rice Pilau
4th Course: Ice cream and cookies


first time I used my linen table cloth from the Ukraine.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table setting and great idea!
    Your friends are lucky to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille says: That is awsome. I am sure it was a lovely party. Wish we could have been there. Sending you hugs and warm thougts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you notice the fantastic snow flakes on the table? a gift from Deerhollow! Don't they look great?

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you! at least you didn't have to remember to get their permission to post their pictures on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend day looks so fun!-and tasty.
    Way to go making dinner for 11! Wow.

    ReplyDelete