Austria

Austria

Sunday, January 2, 2011

How did I miss THAT? Or what I’ll write to put off preparing my sacrament talk.

The other day on my walk I was thinking about writing a “this was our year” letter, a.k.a. “my kids are cuter than yours”. (I went and laid down till the urge went away. And I apologize to those of you who will now be one birdcage liner short) I began by listing some of my major achievements for 2010.  
Before I tell you what is on my list let me back up and tell you I’ve always wanted to take martial arts classes.  While in Moscow the stars finally alined as in I had the money, time, and teacher to take TaeKwonDo.  I attended class from April to June 2009, then September till November. I worked hard and I was asked to participate in my first belt test and exhibition in December.  Sadly my daughter and I were sent to the US for medical treatment at the end of November so I missed the December date.
Which is leading to my 2010...
In order to not lose ground I worked really hard in the apartment’s gym 5-6 days a week during our medical leave.  And returned back to Moscow and TaeKwonDo training.  Then ski season came and I missed a few or more classes to go ski in the sun and snow while chatting with friends and missed being invited to take part in the belt exam in February. doh!!
So June 2010 I participated in my first ever belt test!!!  A little over one year of preparation and passed!  No, I did not pass out.  I passed!  I was given a gold belt.  Which is curled up in a nice circle on my dresser and makes me smile every day. 
And then because I was busy emptying out of the house to move from Moscow.  I didn’t blog about it.... Which I am remedying right now!
I’m a gold belt and preparing to find another Master to study with so I can begin the process again. :-)
putting the belt on means you passed

Master Inna and Me!
I wore my hair in pigtails because of the backward rolls ugg!! 
And I am hoping to talk the master into letting me join a parent and child class again even though I don’t have a child to take with me.  Because I think Parent and child classes are the most entertaining/motivating. (And explains why all the other people taking my belt test are midget sized.)  

doing the dreaded crab walk with kick!!

Push ups are required in every belt test

as well as the correct bow

1 comment:

  1. Shaura, that is so awesome! Congratulations on your belt, and it's wonderful that looking at it makes you smile - you should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete