Austria

Austria

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I miss Scripture Study!!

Last year I belonged to two scripture study groups.
My Tuesday group met at Lisa's house and we studied the Book of Mormon.  My Friday group met at Larissa's house and we studied the Book of Esther.  The Friday group was interesting because I was the only Mormon invited to attend.  I learned a great deal in both groups and enjoyed the camaraderie and discussions immensely.


This year I decided to host a group.  We are starting small, just three of us and we imagine as the year rolls along we will find more volunteers.
We are studying the New Testament, following along with the our Church's Gospel Doctrine schedule, since the 3 of us serve in Primary this way we get Sunday School. :-)  
I immensely enjoyed our first session and am looking forward to many more.
Because parking can be/was/is a problem on my street we have moved the group to Margie's house.


Please come join us at 10:30 on Wednesdays!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome idea. What a fun format too. I'm guessing it's kinda book club style? That would be a very effective way to get into the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete