Austria

Austria

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lunch might be a bit late!!

I love throwing parties, now that I no longer get terrified, or nervous when cooking for others.  I am always looking for an excuse.  A Beat the Winters Blahs party seemed a good idea. So I invited some mormon neighbors that live nearby and chose a simple menu.


Crustless veggie, cheese and ham Quiche
Cool cucumber salad
Many bean salad
Green salad
then mixed fruit salad with orange yoghurt dressing & chocolate for dessert.


Lesson learned if you put the quiche pan in the oven for the butter to melt.
watch it closely and removed it immediately.  Don't get distracted and let the pan get really hot .....or you will get a bit of a surprise when you pour the quiche mixture into the pan.




I know how to clean up a mess quick with a spatula and dustpan.  And luckily my stove top is easy clean.
So I put the liquid that hadn't been poured out yet into another pan, mixed up a new batch and baked them both.




No comments:

Post a Comment