Austria

Austria

Friday, December 31, 2010

What's Up Doc?

A long time ago in a land far away we gave our young children permission to stay up till midnight and see the new year in.  After playing games and eating our traditional fresh baked Chex mix we decided to watch a video tape.  Someone chose What’s Up Doc with Barbra Streisand & Ryan O’neal, and thus a tradition was born.  The next year the children remembered the zany fun in the movie and insisted we watched it again.   With few exceptions we have watched it every new year’s eve since then.   I may have missed part or all of it 19 years ago when we made a trip to the hospital for what turned out to be false labor.)
Tonight for the first time it is just two of us watching it.  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie! And I haven't seen it in years - hurrah for Netflixs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember remembering (heehee) the fun zaniness. I'm pretty sure we remembered it being LONG. We thought New Years Eve required a long movie to take up time. :) It's not really a long movie but it felt long. :) Luckily it WAS really funny, so we kept watching it. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete