Austria

Austria

Friday, December 17, 2010

Booty Boots

Yesterday while out doing errands I noticed a lady walking in front of me.  She had big black shiny puffy boots on that had bold white writing on them in English.  Moon Boots  Moon Boots Moon Boots
encircling the entire boot.
That transported me back to my childhood and the rubber galoshes or wellington type boots I wore.  They were not very warm, had no insulation, most of them required that I slip my shoes inside them;  Which often led to a rather frustrating scramble once I arrived at school and had to pry my cold stiff feet out of the wet boots, often leaving my shoe inside the boot.  Then to pry out the shoe often resulted in my cold hands getting muddy and wet. Yes, I was one of those children who actually walked to and from school. 
But in the 70’s much to my absolute glee the Moon boot was born.  My first pair were powder blue with navy decorative stripes and the insulation was soft thick and very warm.  Walking in them was heaven.  I could march through deep snow drifts and not even feel a tiny bit cooler.  In fact now I could stay out in the snow for ages and ages and then come inside with feet that were still toasty.
Before that my sled riding and snowman & fort building was restricted to how long I could stand frost bite on my toes.
Moon Boots were a fashion accessory that I adored at University.  They let me plow threw tall drifts and walk down un-shoveled walks with nary a blink.  In fact sometimes in heated classrooms my feet were too warm.  So I would need to dance in snow between classes to keep a comfortable temperature.
I don’t know that I need a pair of glossy black ones with English writing on them.  But I would not say no to some warm thick clunky Moon Boots. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment