Austria

Austria

Saturday, August 6, 2011

To See or not to See

I popped my back and hips out of line at Camp Vienna, or more correctly the little boy who agreed to hug and tickle me instead of hitting his peers helped pull my hips out of line.  The pain on a scale of 1-10 was a 9.  Pretty intense.  And we couldn't find a substitute for me.  So the day it happened I went home after work, took a pain pill to put me out and slept till morning.  I was able to mostly pop it back in line.  And go to work with pain at about 5.  I limped through that week and eventually the pain subsided down to a 1.


I am really thankful that the Physical Therapists that I saw in 2008 before moving to Moscow taught me how to realign my spine by myself.  Now after a few weeks I am mostly pain free again.


Which is the lead in to why I was really pleased with the idea that came to me the week of "What's cooking?".


The kitchen counters are pretty high, I knew the only way for the children to see would be to stand on chairs, or carry all the ingredients out to the Kid's tables and make stuff there.  The idea came to me that a drawer in the kitchen could be emptied and used as a table.  It saved me the carrying everything down the hall to the big room.  And all the bending over at the Kid's low tables.


It worked really well!

The lining in the drawer made clean-up easy

The campers loved kneading the dough.

Ready to rise

only took 1 hour to double



No comments:

Post a Comment