Austria

Austria

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Something Purple

I went to visit a primary teacher and was surprised that she had prepared a meal for me.
It was a delicious meat dish with rice.  For dessert she shared  a special treat her Aunt had made for her.  The dessert was a deep gorgeous purple.  Made from purple yams, it had the texture of my favorite fudge.  The taste was mildly sweet like vanilla milk. 
I have never seen a purple yam, didn't know they exist. She said they are grown in the Philippines and can be purchased in special Asian shops in Vienna.


Now I have a new friend and a new recipe to try

1 comment:

  1. It is indeed purple! The inside along with the outside? How cool! :oD And it looks sweet, too. I've better look for purple yams the next time I raid the local Asian market.

    ReplyDelete