Austria

Austria

Friday, January 22, 2010

Change your Questions!

I recently ordered a book written by the new Sister Nelson CHANGE YOUR QUESTIONS CHANGE YOUR LIFE . While I am waiting for the book to arrive I thought I'd review some of the helpful questions I ask myself.

Save up to 80% on our fantastic clearance products!

Save 15% on Change Your Questions Change Your Life  
     Wendy Watson Nelson 
 In this thought-provoking book, Dr. Wendy Watson Nelson explores the power of asking-and answering-questions that can profoundly impact our own perceptions, relationships, and lives. Full-color graphics and illustrations throughout!
 
Retail Price:     $29.99     You Save:        -$4.50  (15%)Seagull Price:   $25.49
*********************************************************************************
Some that got me through a lot of tough days in December:
How can I make today great?
What can I do today that will make someone smile? What am I happy about now?
What is really great in my life right now?
How can I make the most of the “stateside” opportunities?
How do I make this Christmas memorable while my family is scattered over 4 continents? How can I turn this around?
And pondering the answers helped me get excited about each day.


I have found questions like:
Why me?
What's the use?
Why is my life so hard?
Why are so many bad things happening to me?
Why can't I ever succeed?
Not very helpful. They just seemed to keep me locked into negativity.

Questions that could really kill a marriage:
What if there is somebody better out there?
How come you always do this to me?
Why don't you appreciate me?

Compare them to :-)
How did I get So lucky to have you in my life?
What do I love most about my husband/wife?
What great things does my spouse add to the quality of my life?
How can I be a better helpmate?

I think it was Anthony Robbins in his book Awaken the Giant Within that first started me thinking about what motivates me and how empowering questions could help me start the day out right. He says that “successful people asked better questions, and as a result, they got better answers...Quality questions create a quality life.”

“Some men see things as they are, and say, 'Why?' I dream of things that never were, and say, 'Why Not?'”-- George Bernard Shaw

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.”-- Albert Einstein

How will your life be transformed if you started asking yourself good or excellent questions right now?
What's really great in your life? What can you learn from this situation? What are you truly grateful for?
Why don't you give it a try and find out?

And if you think of some really great questions that help you, would you please pass them along to me?

1 comment:

  1. I think Elder Hales gave this talk, but I've had this list on my wall for years:

    In times of trial, ask:
    - What am I to do?
    - What am I to learn from this?
    - What am I to change?
    - Whom am I to help?
    - How can I remember my many blessings?

    ReplyDelete