Austria

Austria

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Organize Your Life with 3 by 5’s.

Sidetracked Home Executives (SHE)
P.O. Box 5364
Vancouver, WA 98668
Sidetracked Home Executives(TM): From Pigpen to Paradise 

Is a book I stumbled onto in the 80’s.  The sister authors recommended a shoebox sized 3X5 card index system in which you organized your schedule and responsibilities.  
One of their ideas that I really enjoyed was having a section labeled “Successes”.  I wrote compliments and successful goals achieved on index cards and filed them under this heading.  If ever I experienced an emotional slump (frequently occurred with 4 children in the house) I’d spend a few precious moments reading through the cards in that section and jotting down a few more things that came to mind.
This winter when I was in a big slump and realized that the filing system hadn’t made it to our current house I started a small notebook.  I read through emails,  letters, and comments posted on Facebook, to find fodder for my “Successes Notebook”.
Already this little jewel has become a treasured possession.
If you are reading this blog you probably have written entries for my notebook.   Thanks for cheering me on in life.  Thanks for helping me through dark days.  I love you!  And life is more worth living because of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment