Austria

Austria

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beading

 This Avon necklace was on a brown leather strap until the strap snapped.

This gorgeous necklace just arrived from Brazil with Hubby
from a friend of his.  I bought beads to match and created
the earrings. Fun!
Daughter 3 gave me this multi-stranded necklace. Unfortunately every time I wore it another bead would drop from the string. (see the bits) It took me 3 tries but I finally managed to restring it.  
I strung this necklace several years ago.  Just added the magnetic closure.

My brother, the world traveler, gave me this beautiful Fresh water pearl necklace and the catch/closure on it pulls my hair and scratches my neck.  So I am thankful to wear it more comfortably with the super closure.

This gorgeous yellow amber was on a short black choker.
Now it shines with the yellow ribbon.  


Fantastic find in a charity shop in Virginia! But the old 1950 closure broke.
Now I can enjoy the luster of the old pearls!

Bought this green malachite necklace in Moscow cheap because the closure was broken.
Added a bit of string so that it no longer chokes me.  Don't really like the color of the string, may try again.

golden Baltic Amber is now at a more wearable length.
The other day in pursuit of exercise I decided to see how fast I could walk home from my German class.  On the way I discovered the most incredible bead shop.  The owner sits at her desk and makes the most wonderful jewelry.  And she sells supplies.  I purchased some fantastic magnetic closers for my necklaces that need to be repaired and a few other things. Then hurried on my way.  Later I got out my beads and tools and enjoyed a few fun solitary hours repairing broken catches, restringing necklaces etc.  I’ve captured my progress.  I want to go back with my camera so you can see the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment