Austria

Austria

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Making Progress*

I just counted 7 blogs in November which means I am hopping along in my goal of 22 blogs this month.
I wanted to post photos of the curtains that went up yesterday.  But unfortunately I have put my camera cable away some where safe....so Till I find it it will just have to be words.  
The men arrived at 8:40; 20 minutes early and they worked hard through till lunch.  Took about an hour off then worked steady till 3pm.  They left saying that they would be back another day to hang the rod that needs to be bent into a curve and stick the "frost" I have requested for the bathroom windows.  There are horizontal blinds in the master bathroom and they block out all the light.  If we leave them open then our neighbors get to see things they'd rather not ;-o.


As I watched the men work yesterday I remembered when we moved into our first home. And how hard I worked putting up curtain rods and curtains in each of the rooms.  I counted windows in my head, 10 in our townhouse in 5 of them I put up blinds as well as sheers or curtains.  Yesterday 2 men worked 5 hours and put up 7 rods and the curtains to go on them.  I had thought I was rather inefficient back then the project seemed to take weeks  But I never had 5 hours to work uninterrupted.  And I was working alone, didn't have someone else to hold while I drilled. etc.  I realize that I accomplished quite a bit back then with 2 little children to watch over and morning sickness to accommodate.
And I felt very grateful that my husband's employer had sent the strong capable men to mount everything while I worked on the Giant Jigsaw puzzle which is my kitchen. 


Yes, I am making progress there.  Have almost figured out where to put everything.  I've learned the hard way that you don't want to just fling everything into any cupboard that will fit.  It is better to go slow, make a plan of where you want to do which task then place the items where they make the most sense.  For example the pots and pans as near as the stove as possible.  the microwaveable dishes near the microwave.  Liquid measuring cups near the sink...etc.


The curtain men were kind enough to mount my knife board and magnetic strip on the kitchen wall before leaving so that freed up some drawer space.


Yes, creating a home is fun and a big puzzle.  I am liking the results so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment