Austria

Austria

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tae Kwon Do


Jhoon Rhee came to our school recently for a lecture demonstration and to discuss his philosophy of Tae Kwon Do. Apparently he is very famous because he started Tae Kwon Do in the US, and Russian and many other countries. Here are some photos of my instructor doing a music accompanied exercise,the voice reading is Jhoon Rhee, and some videos of some kids breaking wood. I take TKD classes to get more fit and to fulfill a life long dream of studying martial arts. I attend the 6:30pm classes with 20 children ages 4 – 10. Sometimes a mother of 2 members in the class attends as well. It is very humbling to have spry little rug rats laugh at you when you can’t do a forward roll, or a bridge or any of the dozen things I can’t yet do correctly. Yet it is entertaining to watch their joyful faces, and their limber bodies. My teacher makes me work very hard, and I can see minor improvement in my strength, endurance and flexibility. Hopefully I will be allowed to take the belt test in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment