Austria

Austria

Friday, October 9, 2009

“How have I seen God blessing my family today?”

“How have I seen God blessing my family today?”


I have resolved to do better at writing down each day the blessings, inspiration, and tender mercies I receive from Father in Heaven. Elder Eyring’s talk inspired me.["O remember, remember," Ensign, Nov 2007, 66-69. See http://www.lds.org]

I had been keeping a gratitude journal for years, and resolved to try to ask “how have I seen God blessing my family today?” Some days when I come to the end of the day I just draw a blank. Then I list a few things I am thankful for. Some times during morning prayer the answer to last night’s question just pops into my head. And then if there is time I write it down.



Like a few mornings ago the thought popped into my head “If my friends are moving perhaps they need boxes.” So I quickly phoned her. “Yes, we are moving, yes, we need boxes.” I hurriedly dressed, snatched some breakfast, and bundled in the car to go look for moving boxes put out for the garbage man. And I found boxes, so many boxes that I drove to my neighbors house emptied my boxes into her car and then went back for more. I had previously arranged to drive separately to our 11am visiting teaching appointment with H. So I feverishly worked loading my car as full as possible until it was time to drive to her home. A Diana promised to save future boxes she empties for me.



During the visit my friend mentioned she needed to go to a pharmacy. So after we discussed the gospel message, said a prayer and goodbye to my neighbor who had an appointment. H. and I drove to a pharmacy getting medicine for her and me. This pharmacy had the migraine medicine I take. [I had blessedly grabbed the bag that had the prescription for the medicine as I had hurried out the door.]



H. helped me do a map quest so that I could safely drive to grocery store from her house and do my shopping. I was very thankful that the traffic was moving, slowly but steadily.



Thanks to a Facebook comment by H saying they were going to move, and inspiration from my Father I was of service to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment